Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the new quarter (the 5th edition) featuring footnotes!

I just started 5th quarter yesterday and I have to admit I'm pretty excited to have been a student of Palmer West for a full year.  I can't believe that 365 days have passed.  The weather is warming up again and the rainy season of San Jose is over*.  We now have a class room with a window so that we are able to see all the happy people of San Jose go about their day while we learn how to treat them chiropractically from inside the doors of Palmer.  That's a word that I learned last quarter - chiropractically.  I don't know if it's an official word, but a lot of people use it and I therefore deem it's appearance in this blog justifiable.  I enjoy the humor of both Dr. Brown and Dr. Cooperstein on Monday and Tuesday mornings and look forward to hearing more from their point of view as the quarter passes.  They are both quite different in humor and I see that variety as something I am going to enjoy.  If you are interested, Rachel is still in that super awesome new office and I think she even hung up some new stuff on the walls.  It looks pretty fancy.  In other news, the construction is finally done on my apartment.  What's that you ask?  Why did I need construction done?  To prevent water damage of course!  Apparently North Park Apartments has to do routine work on these buildings so as to prevent them from turning to mush.  That being said, I dealt with some noise from the workers but after the whole process North Park was understanding and gave me a decrease in rent.  That was nice.  I still condone living in North Park.  Over break, I wasn't sure who was here still and hadn't gone home to their mum's and dad's.  Thankfully I got the courage to embark down to the Sycamores Pool** only to find a bunch of people from class that I wouldn't normally hang out with!  I got new phone numbers and new friends to beat in NHL Arcade***.  Well, that looks like that's it for now.


FOOTNOTES:
*the rainy season is during the winter months.  out in san jose it will rain for consecutive days at a time and more than likely be on and off rather than a constant downpour.

**a really nice pool area in North Park with grills, cabanas, hot tubs, with a high concentration of Palmer students

***a downloadable Playstation 3 game that's only 10 bucks.  It's really fun to play and I'm dangerously ferocious at it.

1 comment: